National Chili Day is February 26th
As part of our series on food holidays, we’d like to give you some tips on how to celebrate National Chili Day. Chili, or “chili con carne”, is a classic Southwest American dish combing meat, beans, chili peppers and other ingredients. Chili also just so happens to be a favorite dish of Tegner-Miller Insurance Brokers’ own Dave Nelson. Below is Dave’s “New Year’s Day Chili” recipe. Hope you all enjoy!
Dave’s New Year’s Day Chili
– 2 lbs of London Broil Beef
– 1 Large Can of Chili Beans
– 1 Large Can of Whole Mexican Tomatoes
– 1 Medium Size Can of Tomato Sauce
– Shelby’s Chili Mix
– Cayenne Pepper
– Small Packet of Masa Flour
– 1 Brown Onion
– 1 Green Pepper
– 8 ounces of beer
- Cube and brown the London broil in a skillet. Add pepper to taste.
- In a large pot add the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of water
- Chili mix
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Chili beans
- Tomato sauce
- Brown onion and green pepper (both chopped)
- Cook on stove on low for 1 ½ hours. Add Masa flour to thicken chili and continue cooking for an additional half hour. Serve with cornbread/grated cheese/tortilla chips.
For more information about TMIB you may wish to visit www.tmib.com.